There’s never been a better time to sell a home.
Millennials are ready for homeownership and renters are seeing consistent rent increases. This means more buyers than ever are on the market for a home like yours.
Considering listing your home? Let’s start with the proven ways to maximize your returns:
1. Clear the clutter. Crammed closets and overfilled garages can give buyers the impression your property lacks storage. Declutter aggressively to accentuate the storage possibilities buyers get excited about.
Pro Tip: Buyers will open cabinets and drawers. Clear those spaces, too.
2. Maximize the possibilities. A potential home should be a blank slate -- a space buyers can imagine making their own. Keep personal items to a minimum and aim for a neutral look.
Pro Tip: Set the dinner table so buyers can visualize coming home after a long day.
3. Brighten it up. Expose as much natural light as possible. For darker or interior rooms, use high-wattage bulbs in light fixtures.
Pro Tip: A fresh coat of light paint makes a home feel cheerful and shows pride of ownership.
4. Rearrange the furniture. Can people move around without bumping into furniture? Does the layout invite guests to sit down and relax?
Pro Tip: To invite conversation, don’t make a TV the focal point of any room.
5. Outside views matter. Exteriors make a critical first impression. Ace yours by repainting your entry door and polishing the door handle. Potted plants on patios or balconies also make the outside of your home feel welcoming.
Pro Tip: Colorful flowers on window sills look great indoors and add to the outside appeal.
Do you need help staging your home? Or maybe you have budget concerns about upgrades needed before you list. Reach out to me today. Let’s make sure we maximize the appeal of your home, simply and cost-effectively.